"User" or "users" refer to the end-user or users of the Site. By using the Site, users consent to the collection and use of the information described below.
2. What information are you gathering about me?
- When you register, we will ask you for your name, email address, contact information, and credit card number. You also will be asked to select a user name and password.
- To use our SS Income Planner software, we ask you to input personal financial data for you and, if applicable, your spouse.
- The personal financial data we request includes such data as Name, Date of Birth, SS income amount, anticipated death age, expected Social Security Income Cashflow date. In many instances, these entries are optional.
WE DO NOT REQUIRE, AND WE WILL NEVER ASK FOR, YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER.
- In order for the Site to work properly, your browser must be enabled to accept "cookies." Cookies contain information that identifies you during a session and allows the software to function. This information is used only by us and is not for sale or distribution.
- We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
NOTICE TO PARENTS: In order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. However, if you believe your child has an account with us, and you wish to request that the details are removed from our database, please E-mail us to request this.
NOTICE TO UNDER 13's: If you reside in the United States of America, this applies to you. The law states that if we are aware that you are under 13, we must get your parents consent to hold data that can identify you. This means, that we must remove your email address and any other personal information about your account, if we discover or are made aware that you are under 13.
3. Lost or stolen information.
You must promptly notify us if your credit card, user name, or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that user name and password from your account and update our records accordingly.
4. What do you do with the information you collect about me?
We use your email address to confirm your subscription, user name and password, and to provide customer service.
- We use your credit card information to process your payment and store it in our database to resolve any issues.
We use your personal financial data to develop Social Security Income Strategies for you.
- We do use non-financial information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service.
5. How Do We Protect Your Information?
- When you access ssincomeplanner.com Site, we use a state-of-the-art secure server to keep all of your personal information as secure as possible.
- We use secure server software (SSL) encryption, which is the industry standard for secure data transfer software, to ensure data you transmit through the Internet is protected against unauthorized access. This approach helps ensure that your personal and financial information remains safe and private.
6. What information might be disclosed to third parties?
- We will exercise maximum efforts to protect the anonymity and personal privacy of every user from third parties. There is one exception to this. We reserve the right to share information you provide (including any identifying information you provide) with legal authorities if it is, in our sole opinion, necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud, situation involving threats or potential harm to the physical safety of any person, or if required by law (such as if required by a subpoena, court order or other legal means).
- We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your personal information to or with any third party.
- We do not allow third parties to send promotional email to our users without your express consent, in advance. We may send administrative emails to confirm user registrations or to update users concerning new services or opportunities with us.
- We do aggregate information and disclose such information, in aggregate, to partners and use it for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to personally identify you. Certain information, such as your password, is never disclosed at all, even in aggregate.
7. A Note About Changes To This Policy